See our Jewelry Size/Weight Comparison Page for help visualizing sizes and weights.
Help with determining your Viridian Gold ring size & width
(Use our visual ring-width tool to see ring widths on a model's hand)
Use these helpful tips to determine your own ring size, or that of a loved one, and to visualize popular ring widths on our model's hand. Feel free to call us if you have questions about ring sizes and widths.
- It is always best to measure your finger size by trying on "dummy rings,"
you can order an inexpensive sizing set from us (see below), and it will only take
a few days to get to you. This will allow you or your loved one to actually
try on 4mm-wide plastic rings in half sizes between size 2 and size 14 to find
the proper fit. This is the most accurate method of determining ring size--our
minimum order requirement does not apply to this item, so order now and your
kit will arrive in a few days!
- In addition, all jewelers and department store jewelry departments will
also be able to determine your ring size by letting you try on dummy rings,
and most can measure a ring that you already have by using a "ring stick."
- If the ring is a surprise gift, ask his or her friends or mother for the
ring size. Or borrow a ring (make sure it fits the correct finger!) from
her jewelry box or his dresser, and take it to a local store (see above).
- If you find that your ring does not fit, don't worry! You may return
the ring to us and we will resize it for a minimal charge. Most jewelry
stores will also resize rings--so shop around (by phone) and find a reputable
local jeweler who will resize your ring if you are in a hurry!
- You can also print our
Helper page (it requires Adobe Reader) which will allow you to determine
an approximate ring size. Be sure to closely follow the printing instructions!
- If the ring design is available in multiple widths, such as in wedding bands, you can visualize various ring widths by using our visualization tool below. Generally speaking, larger hands look best with wider rings, but this is strictly a personal preference, and preferred widths tend to vary depending on prevailing fashion.
Other useful information for determining ring size:
A ring with a wide band (larger than 6mm) should be sized about
1/2 to 1 size larger than typical dummy rings because the wider band allows
less flexibility in the tissue of the finger and is more difficult to pass over
the knuckle. A "tapered" ring style may be wide at the top, but the bottom
of the ring is more narrow, so it does not need to be sized larger.
Finger size varies with ambient temperature and time of day,
and for women, with time of month. Measure ring size when the finger is the
largest—typically at the end of the day and when hands are warm.
Don’t assume that finger size is the same for both hands—the
fingers on the dominant hand are usually larger by about a half size.
- The average ring size (ring finger) for women is about size 6-7 and for
men, size 10-11. Of course, thumb rings and pinky rings will be vastly
different in size!
- We will sometimes email our customers prior to order processing in order
to confirm ring sizes.
Please note that the ring size kit will be sent via First Class Mail at our
expense, to US addresses only, and that our $40.00 minimum order requirement does
not apply to this item.
William C. (Bill) Long